According to the Government body, UK Trade and Industry (UKTI), the London 2012 Olympics has given the UK £9.9 billion in economic benefit through it’s various activities.
In addition the UKTI report that the 2012 Olympics are responsible for
- The creation of 31,000 new jobs,
- £5.9bn of additional sales from Olympic-related activity such as the British Business Embassy,
- A £2.5 billion boost to inward investment,
- £120 million in deals from the upcoming World Cup and Olympic events in Brazil won by UK companies,
- 60 contracts won by UK companies for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics and 2018 Russia World Cup.
- The Supplier Recognition Scheme – a deal which for the first time allows UK-based suppliers to London 2012 to reference their work on the Olympics in their promotion and marketing.
Read full report here.